FIREFIGHTER RESUME TEMPLATE (TEXT FORMAT)
I’m highly skilled public servant charged with the responsibility of protecting the general public and other designated individuals. I have a number of years of experience working in high stress and emergency response situations. I’m focused on identifying violations, implementing corrective action plans and conducting ongoing monitoring to identify their compliance difficulties.
EDUCATIONSacramento Regional Fire Academy Sacramento, CA
- Knowledge of aircraft rescue firefighting.
- Fire Fighter I and II
- Driver/Operator of multiple fire apparatus.
- Hazardous Materials Technician.
- Telecommunicator and dispatcher on multiple installations.
Nashville Airport, Nashville, TN
July 2012 – Present
- Controlling or extinguishing fires as a member of an organized military, industrial, volunteer, or governmental fire department brigade.
- Performing rescue operations & performing non-invasive emergency medical procedures & first aid techniques.
- Performing work at airfields handling aircraft carrying large volumes of fuel, sometimes nuclear weapons or highly flammable or explosive cargo.
- Detecting, reducing, or eliminating potential fire hazards.
- Conduct building inspection/ pre-fire plans.
- Using firefighting techniques to perform firefighting duties at airfields handling aircraft (e.g. fighters, bombers, cargo, passenger, etc.) carrying large volumes of fuel or highly flammable or explosive cargo.
- Driving and operating firefighting vehicles, (pumpers, aerial ladder trucks, & Airport Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles)
- Fighting fires actively and effectively based on up-to-date knowledge of layouts, potential hazards, and fixed fire protection systems.
City of Memphis Fire Department – Memphis, TN
Apr. 2009 – May 2012
- Operated firefighting equipment.
- Performed standby detail on crash trucks.
- Participated in map study, ladder practice, hose practice and physical fitness activities.
- Disconnected batteries and fuel lines to reduce the danger of explosion. Drove emergency response vehicles as required.
- Administered first aid which includes using backboards to immobilize injured personnel for safe transport to a medical facility.
- Performed cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) when required for life support.
- Performed incidental maintenance & upkeep of apparatus & equipment by washing, polishing, and painting, inspecting engines & testing hoses. Conducted daily inspections of equipment.
- First Aid
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Hazmat Operations
- Hazmat Awareness
- Airport Rescue Firefighter
Average Salary for Firefighter Job
$34k – $86k
|Bonus||$297 – $16k|
|Profit Sharing||$107 – $5k|
|Total Pay||$29k – $84k|
***Data are taken from payscale.com
Good Skills to Include on Firefighter Resume
- Respond quickly to critical situations.
- Trained in fire and medical response.
- Experienced in assisting with public safety education projects.
Resume Action Words for Firefighter Resume
Common Certificates for Firefighter Resume
- Fire Fighter I
- Fire Fighter II
- Driver/Operator Pumper
- Driver/Operator Aerial
- Driver/Operator Tiller
- Driver/Operator ARFF
- Driver/Operator Mobile Water Supply
- Airport Fire Fighter
- Rescue Technician
- First Aid
To be 100% prepared for getting a new job check our Firefighter Cover Letter Example
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: